Search This Blog

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Clearing Up Some Confusion Surrounding The Suicides of Two Fellow Whistle-Blowers, Gary Webb and Michael C. Ruppert

The following are the contents of an ongoing thread that has taken place on a social media website regarding the topic of the suicides of Gary Webb, the former San Jose Mercury News reporter, who's investigation, "Dark Alliance," remains one of the most controversial exposes in the history of US journalism, and Michael C. Ruppert, the controversial former LAPD police detective/whistle-blower—who wouldn't have been that controversial at all if we were accustomed to the truth—that helped to uncover the truth about CIA drug dealing in the United States used to fund Contra rebels in Nicaragua during the 1980's and 90's.


The Intercept | Managing a Nightmare: How the CIA Watched Over The Destruction of Gary Webb
https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2014/09/25/managing-nightmare-cia-media-destruction-gary-webb/


(An Anonymous Source Wrote)
“I wonder what Mike Ruppertmichael would have made of this”


(My Comments)
In my mind, clearly, they were both suicided. The attacks and vilification against me began around 1981, before I even had a chance to legally begin my life as an adult. Mike even made references to strange things happening to him that were unexplainable and extraordinary in nature.

My best guess would be the CIA or some other clandestine organization within the US government carried out the operation against him over a period of years.

In my case, the targeting spanned two continents, has taken place over a period of more than three decades and involves some of the most powerful people in the world of whom I have been associated with in the past.

The link is not imaginary, and the evidence against them is damning from a statistical point of view.


(A Second Anonymous Source Wrote)
SUICIDE CONFIRMED

“Gary's suicide was accomplished with two gunshot wounds to the head. In death Gary proved to be as determined and single-minded as he had been in life. Because of the rampant and ill-informed speculation that has been traversing the Internet it is a sad necessity to put this issue to rest right up front. What follows should be a warning and a lesson to all activists and progressives; to all those who dare label themselves as "journalists" without ever once following standard journalism protocols designed to ensure fairness and minimize unnecessary harm to the innocent and those already in pain."


Michael C. Ruppert | Saying Goodbye to a Giant | Gary Webb Memorial Attended by Hundreds




(My Comments)
As someone who's been a target of US domestic counterintelligence agencies for more than three decades, I'm not sure that Gary Webb or Michael Ruppert knew exactly what drove them both to commit suicide. Some of us are more in tune with those hidden sociological forces that are constantly playing on our senses, driving us in certain directions.



Michael, obviously, had some inclination as to what was happening to him and made numerous references to those unseen forces on several occasions. He was, however, largely oblivious to what was happening to him.



I have never called into question the fact that Webb and Ruppert committed suicide at their own hands. It is, however, rather shallow and extremely suspicious to me that some would have us believe that there aren't government agencies that are capable of setting out to drive some of their targets to commit suicide. Gary Webb and Ruppert were not murdered by others directly. To the contrary, they were both driven to commit suicide.



This is what I meant when I use the term "suicided." I'm not sure what the term means to everybody else, but I do know what it means to me. Let there be no mistaking the fact that those who are driven to commit suicide are, in a very real sense, murdered by those who target them--in a roundabout way, that is.



What can't be argued, however, is that dead is dead and, both, Webb and Ruppert cannot return. As someone who's been a target of these domestic counterintelligence programs for decades, the deaths of Gary Webb and Michael Ruppert resonate more powerfully with me than most.



Conspiracy is reality. For those who are blind, I say, wake up before it's too late. And, for those who are intentionally misleading the public, I would say that you can fool some of the people all of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time. I'm not paranoid; I know they're out to get me. Question everything!




As for my sense of morality and journalistic techniques, I could easily teach ethics at the most prestigious universities in the world (I’m overqualified for that role), but I'm afraid the truth would be a novel idea at those places, and my telling it would no doubt bring everyone down on me.

You see, we're not accustomed to the truth, especially, at those places where tradition, moneyed interests and power reign supreme.

I'd just as soon not teach a bunch of people who are too inconvenienced by reality to lend any credence to it. If they want to go barreling over a cliff, they can go right ahead. You can lead a human to water, but you can't make it drink.




And I do realize that one of the participants in this thread wanted to know what Michael Ruppert thought of Gary Webb's suicide.

At the risk of repeating myself, Michael Ruppert wasn't fully aware of what brought about his own suicide. It doesn't shock me that he made these comments about the death of Gary Webb, not knowing what he himself was up against.



Michael Ruppert and I were friends on Facebook. He found me. I don't even know how he found out I even existed. I had no idea that Michael had been struggling with depression for years, otherwise, I would have made a concerted effort to get closer to him and do my best to help pull him through the tough times he was going through. He never led on to me that he was struggling. I guess most people don't, especially, strong, character-filled people like Mike Ruppert.



Given his past history, I should have suspected he was a target. Within days of his suicide, I was scheduled for an appointment with a nurse practitioner/government operative at the clinic where I go for injections every two weeks--injections that I am legally required to take because I was recently turned in by my mother and brother again.



On that day, I saw more police vehicles than I have ever seen in any one place at any time in my life in an unofficial capacity. They were especially prevalent in the parking lot and surrounding areas. Everywhere I looked there were police vehicles, and one even drove right next to me in the parking lot, with both officers waving at me and smiling from ear to ear.



Clearly, they were celebrating the death of Michael C. Ruppert, a fellow whistle-blower who had earned the wrath of crooked, corrupt police departments across the US. Elements within the Phoenix Police Department have been stalking me for years, and I immediately recognized the situation for what it was. It was clearly party time in Phoenix, a time of celebration.


The tipping point for Gary Webb was the fact that his home had been sold and he had to move out. As a targeted person, I can relate to what this experience must have been like for Webb.


For obvious reasons, I don't claim to be right every time, but I can intuit what happens to targeted people in many cases using my own experiences as a helpful guide to rely on. As Einstein would say, "Experience is the only source of knowledge."


Gary Webb's feet were being taken out from under him. The average person thinks to him/herself, well, why didn’t he just suck it up and move on, but it's not that easy for people who've been targeted. They can see the writing on the wall.


Anyone with even a smidgen of visionary power can see ahead far enough to realize they have no future—at least not the kind of future they’ve been accustomed to thinking in terms of throughout their lives.


With their careers decimated, their finances in ruin and, in some cases, all social ties obliterated, they are vulnerable to living out their lives in severe poverty. To make matters worse, their marriages have been destroyed as well, and they know, deep down inside, that there is little hope of ever cultivating another loving relationship with anyone.


It doesn't take a person of extraordinary insight to see that they could very well spend the rest of their lives practically begging family, friends and fellow citizens for help. This does something to you. When you look forward and see nothing but despair, the tendency of most people is to look for a way out.


So Gary Webb wasn't just dealing with the loss of his home in the same way that most people have to deal with such matters. He was looking at his future and seeing just how powerless he actually was, how absolutely vulnerable he was. He felt that his future was hopeless and that resistance was futile.


Apparently, he had the love and support of family and friends. Seemingly, he was not alone, yet, he didn't feel love enough to want to stick around any longer. I know how easy it is for people to not see the suffering of others as we go about our daily lives. I, for one, failed to see Michael’s suffering. Had I known that he was suffering in silence, things might have been much different.


As for me, they've been rubbing the prospects of life as a pauper on the streets in my face for decades—since 1984 to be exact.


At 49 years of age, with diabetes and a multitude of intentionally-induced and, otherwise, largely ignored medical problems by the local medical community, my viewpoint on the matter is if they're determined to turn me into a modern-day Saint Francis of Assisi, then, bring 'em on.


Not only will I hit the streets with a spring in my step and a smile on my face, but, with all of this going against me—and so much more—I’ll take over. Heaven doesn't want me, and hell's afraid I'll take over.


As far as I'm concerned, the person with the least amount of possessions is the happiest, so the prospect of going without—even more than is already the case—is not something that’s going to frighten me.


I would have to think of it in terms of a spiritual experience, and it wouldn't be the first time I've taken to the streets in my lifetime. The powers that be should be careful what they wish for. Sometimes, wishes do come true, and you may get more out of the deal than you bargained for, so be careful what you wish for.


History begins today…


(Wikipedia | St. Francis of Assisi)



(Pete Seeger | 'Die Gedanken Sind Frei')